Let your business skills soar as you establish an industry in Meghalaya by obtaining MSPCB NOC.

The State Board for Prevention and Control (P&C) of Water Pollution, Meghalaya, was constituted on the 16th November 1993. The Government of Meghalaya formed the Board under Water (P&CP) Act, 1974. It also issues MSPCB consent certificates because, according to Section 7, no person operating any operation, industry or process must release any environmental pollutants over set standards.

Meghalaya State Pollution Control Board (MSPCB) - Overview

The State Board for P&C of Water Pollution, Meghalaya, came into existence on 16th November 1993. The Government of Meghalaya formed the Board in pursuance of the Water (P&CP) Act, 1974. After the enactment of the Air (P&CP) Act, 1981, the enforcing responsibility of the Act was entrusted to the Board. The Board was later renamed Meghalaya State Pollution Control Board (MSPCB) in 1988. The functions of the Board involve issuing Meghalaya SPCB NOC in the state.

The process to apply for MSPCB CTE/CTO

  • On the home page, select "industrial login".
  • Enter the user id & password with the captcha code and click login.
  • Then change the pwd.
  • Enter the old password & create a new one and save it.
  • Then log in again.

Note - Password must have at least one special symbol (#,$,@), a minimum of one numeric number (eg.1,2,3..) and some alphabet (e.g. a,b,c,d). The password must have a minimum of 8 or a maximum of 15 characters.

  • Update the password and log in again.
  • Select the industrial login & enter the User Id and password.
  • The home page opens up.
  • Here apply for the MSPCB consent certificate application by clicking "apply for consent".

For obtaining MSPCB clearance from a pollution angle (applicable to cottage industries only)

  • 1. Name of Industry
  • 2. Location
  • 3. Names of products and daily capacity
  • (b) Names of raw materials and daily consumption.
  • 4. Brief description of the manufacturing process
  • 5. Whether any water is required for industrial purposes.
  • 6. Whether any fuel is required for industrial purpose
  • 7. Whether the industry is likely to give rise to any pollution/nuisance due to
  • 8. The arrangement proposed to be provided for domestic wastewater/air pollution/solid waste disposal
  • 9. Whether permission has been taken from local authorities (Municipalities or Village Dorbars, etc.)
  • 10. Whether the unit site is approved for location by competent authorities, such as the Industries Deptt., Town Planning Deptt., etc.

Application for MSPCB consent for discharge under section 25/26 of the Water Act, 1974

(1) Sullage/Sewage via drains outfall sewers/treatment works

(b) Trade effluent via drains/outfall sewer/treatment works.

(c) Solid wastes into (4) -

(i) Stream/River


(ii) On land for irrigation, bearing Survey No., Adjoining at a distance of stream/river


(iii) Lake, pond adjoining/at a distance of Stream/River


(iv) Directly on land for open percolation into subterranean strata of Survey No. adjoining at a distance of Stream/River


(v) Tidal waters/estuarine waters known as

Application for MSPCB consent for emission/continuation of emission under section 21 of the Air Act

  • (i) Index/Site plan
  • (ii) Topographical map
  • (iii) Detailed layout plan of different processes and points of emissions and position of stacks and chimneys
  • (iv) Process flow sheet
  • (v) Emission analysis report
  • (vi) Ambient air quality report, if available
  • (vii) Details of air pollution control devices provided or proposed to be provided
  • (viii) Copy of the receipt for the MSPCB consent fee.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • 1. What are the types of SPCB consent?

    Three types of SPCB NOC are issued under the norms of the Water (P&CP) Act 1974 and the Air (P&CP) Act 1981.

    I. Consent to Establish (CTE):

    All the industries and activities needing MSPCB consent must obtain CTE before the actual commencement of the works for establishing the activity/industry.

    II. Consent to Operate (CTO):

    This consent must be obtained before the actual commencement of production, including trial production. This MSPCB consent is valid for a specific time.

    II. Renewal of Consent to Operate (RCTO):

    The consent to operate is renewed after a specific time.

Have any questions?

+91 73050 48930

Looking for a complete Environmental Licensing and compliance solution.